What are the advantages and disadvantages of LED street lamps?
Some people say that the road has not been as bright as before since the change of LED street lights. Do you feel the same way? Is there really a problem with the brightness of LED street lights?
"Of course, the brightness of LED street lights will not be a problem, depending on your configuration," said Ms. Cui, who is in charge of technology at gmtlight.
LED street lamp is different from conventional street lamp. The LED light source uses low voltage DC power supply and high efficiency white light synthesized by GaN-based power blue LED and yellow. It has the unique advantages of high efficiency, safety, energy saving, environmental protection, long life, fast response speed and high color rendering index. It can be widely used in roads. The outer cover can be made with high temperature resistance up to 135 degrees and low temperature resistance up to - 45 degrees.
Advantage for LED street lamp
1. The characteristics of LED street lamp: unidirectionality of light, no diffuse light, to ensure the efficiency of lighting.
2. The LED street lamp has a unique secondary optical design, which illuminates the LED street lamp to the required lighting area, and further improves the lighting efficiency in order to achieve the purpose of energy saving.
3. The number of LED has reached 110-130 lm/W, and there is still much room for development. The theoretical value is 360 lm/W. The luminous efficiency of high-pressure sodium lamp increases with the increase of power, so the overall luminous efficiency of LED street lamp is stronger than that of high-pressure sodium lamp; this overall luminous efficiency is theoretical, in fact, the luminous efficiency of high-pressure sodium lamp above 250W is higher than that of LED lamp.
4. LED street lamp's color rendering performance is much higher than that of high-pressure sodium lamp. The color rendering index of high-pressure sodium lamp is only about 23, while that of LED street lamp is above 75. Considering from the visual psychology, it achieves the same brightness. On average, the illumination of LED street lamp can be reduced by more than 20% than that of high-pressure sodium lamp.
5. Light decay is small, less than 3% in a year, and it still meets the road requirements after 10 years of use, while the high-pressure sodium lamp has declined by more than 30% in a year or so. Therefore, the design of LED street lamp in use power can be lower than that of high-pressure sodium lamp.
6. LED street lamp has automatic control energy-saving device, which can achieve the lowest possible power reduction and energy saving under different lighting requirements. It can realize humanized functions such as computer dimming, time control, light control, temperature control, automatic inspection, etc.
7. Long life of LED street lamp: can use more than 50,000 hours, providing three years of quality assurance. The disadvantage is that the life of the power supply is not guaranteed.
8. High efficiency of LED street lighting: Using chips over 100LM can save more than 75% energy compared with traditional high-pressure sodium lamp.
9. The installation of LED street lamp is simple: no buried cable, no rectifier, etc., directly mounted on the lamp pole or nested the light source into the original lamp shell.
10. Excellent heat dissipation control: the temperature is controlled below 45 degrees in summer, and passive heat dissipation is adopted. The heat dissipation in summer is insufficient.
11. Reliable quality: All circuit power supply uses high-quality components, each LED has a separate overcurrent protection, no need to worry about damage.
12. Uniform light and color: without lens, uniform light and color are sacrificed to improve brightness, so as to ensure the uniformity of aperture-free light and color.
13. LED does not contain harmful metal mercury and will not cause harm to the environment when scrapped.
The energy-saving effect is remarkable, which can save more than 60% electricity instead of high-pressure sodium lamp.
Maintenance cost is low: Compared with the traditional street lamp, the maintenance cost of LED street lamp is very low. After comparison, the total investment cost can be recovered in less than 6 years.
Shortcoming for LED street lamp
1. Low power of single LED. In order to achieve brightness and high power, multiple parallel connections are needed.
2. Low color rendering of LED street lamp. The color displayed under the illumination of LED is not as real as that of incandescent lamp, which needs to be analyzed from the spectrum distribution and corrected by the shell. This is a technical problem.
3. The problem of "yellow circle". The problem of "yellow circle" is easily caused by the fabrication defects of white LED itself and the mismatch with reflecting cup or lens.
4. The uniformity of LED irradiation. If the secondary optical design is not carried out, the illumination of the LED is relatively concentrated, so the secondary optical design must be carried out to make the light intensity distribution map bat-shaped.
5. Light fading of LED. Compared with low-power LED, high-power LED street lamp will have a much better light attenuation. But low-power LEDs emit very little heat. However, high-power LED has the problem that there is no way to solve the heat dissipation, and the brightness will be significantly reduced after heating, so the power can not be large.
Although there are many defects, most manufacturers are using technical means to improve, I believe that the future LED street lamp will become the mainstream products.