Advantages and wide application of PET, do you know?
"PET" has the meaning of pet of animals in English, here PET is "the pet of plastic family".
PET or PEIT, commonly known as polyester resin. It is a condensation polymer of terephthalic acid and ethylene glycol, together with PBT, it is called thermoplastic polyester, or saturated polyester.
Our clothing polyester and Dacron are all made of PET, and the mineral water bottles used every day are also made of PET. PETis one of the five engineering plastics.
In 1946, the UK published the first patent for the preparation of PET In 1949, ICI completed the pilot test. However, after DuPont purchased the patent, it established the production device in 1953, which was the first industrial production in the world. In the early stage, PET was almost used for synthetic fiber (commonly known as polyester and Dacron in China). Since the 1980s, PET as an engineering plastic has made a breakthrough development, and nucleating agent and crystallization accelerator have been developed one after another. At present, PET and PBT together as thermoplastic polyester have become one of the five engineering plastics.
PET is divided into fiber grade polyester chip and non fiber grade polyester chip. ① Fiber grade polyester is used to manufacture polyester staple fiber and polyester filament. It is the raw material for polyester fiber enterprises to process fiber and related products. Polyester is the most productive variety in chemical fiber. ② Non fiber grade polyester is widely used in packaging industry, electronic and electrical appliances, medical and health care, construction, automobile and other fields. Packaging is the largest non fiber application market of polyester and the fastest growing field of pet.
What are the advantages of PET?
1. It has good mechanical properties, impact strength is 3 ~ 5 times of other films, and good folding resistance.
2. Resistant to oil, fat, dilute acid, alkali and most solvents.
3. The heat resistance of pure pet is not high, the hot deformation temperature is only about 85 ℃, but it is greatly improved after reinforcement treatment. The mechanical properties of pet reinforced by glass fiber are similar to those of engineering plastics such as PC and PA, and the hot deformation temperature can reach 225 ℃; Pet has good heat aging resistance, brittle temperature is - 70 ℃, and it still has a certain toughness at - 30 ℃; Pet is not easy to burn, the flame is yellow, and the burning oil drops.
4. Low permeability of gas and water vapor, with excellent gas, water, oil and odor resistance.
5. High transparency, UV blocking and good gloss.
6. It is nontoxic, tasteless, hygienic and safe. Pet can be directly used in food packaging.
Wide application of PET
PET is mainly used in fiber, a small amount in film and engineering plastics. PET fiber is mainly used in textile industry. PET film is mainly used for electrical insulation materials, such as capacitor, cable insulation, printed circuit wiring substrate, electrode slot insulation, etc. Another application field of PET film is film base and baseband, such as movie film, X-ray film, audio tape, computer tape, etc. PET film is also made of metallized film, such as gold and silver wire, micro capacitor film and so on. Another use of pet is blow molding products, which are used for packaging polyester stretch bottles.
Glass fiber reinforced PET is suitable for electronic, electrical and automotive industries, such as coil framework, transformer, TV, recorder parts and shell, automobile lamp holder, lampshade, white hot lamp holder, relay, rectifier, etc.
What are the processing technologies of PET products?
PET molding processing can be injection molding, extrusion, blow molding, coating, bonding, machining, electroplating, vacuum metal plating, printing.