What is ROHS? What harmful substances are the main concerns of ROHS?
RoHS is the abbreviation of Restriction of Hazardous Substances.
A mandatory standard formulated by EU legislation, the full name of ROHS is the Directive on Restricting the Use of Certain Harmful Components in Electronic and Electrical Equipment. This standard has been formally implemented since July 1, 2006. It is mainly used to standardize the material and process standards of electronic and electrical products, so as to make it more conducive to human health and environmental protection.
The ROHS standard aims at eliminating lead, mercury, cadmium, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyls and polybrominated diphenyl ethers in electrical and electronic products (Note: PBDE is the correct Chinese name refers to polybrominated diphenyl ethers), a total of six substances, and focuses on the regulation that the content of cadmium can not exceed 0.01%.
What are the toxic substances restricted by ROHS?
Chromium (VI) hexavalent.
Some brominated flame retardants:
Polybrominated biphenyls (PBB's);
Polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE's).
The maximum indicators are:
· cadmium: 0.01% (100 ppm);
· Lead, mercury, hexavalent chromium, polybrominated biphenyls, polybrominated diphenyl ethers: 0.1% (1000ppm).
What products are involved in the six categories of hazardous substances defined by ROHS?
RoHS aims at electrical and electronic products which may contain the above six harmful substances in all production processes and raw materials, mainly including white household appliances, such as refrigerators, washing machines, microwave ovens, air conditioners, vacuum cleaners, water heaters, black household appliances, such as audio and video products, DVD, CD, TV receivers, IT products, digital products, etc. Products, communications products, etc. Electric tools, electric electronic toys, medical electrical equipment.
What specific components are the main manifestations of these harmful substances?
1. Examples of lead (Pb) using this substance: solder, glass, PVC stabilizer
2. Examples of mercury (Hg) (mercury) using this substance: thermostats, sensors, switches and relays, light bulbs
3. Examples of Cadmium (Cd < gE>) using this substance: switches, springs, connectors, case and PCB, contacts, batteries
4. Examples of hexavalent chromium (Cr 6+ < g>) using this substance: metal anticorrosive coatings
5. Examples of polybrominated biphenyls (PBBS) using this substance: flame retardants, PCBs, connectors, plastic shells
6. Examples of polybrominated diphenyl ethers (PBDE) using this substance: flame retardants, PCBs, connectors, plastic shells
Mastering ROHS policies and regulations will help us to improve the materials and quality of our products and ensure the legal sale of our products in the European market. Mr. Liu,at gmtlight.