Application of Degradable Plastics in Packaging Industry
Degradable plastics refer to a kind of plastics whose properties can meet the requirements of use and remain unchanged during the shelf life, but can be degraded into environmentally harmless substances under natural environment conditions after use. Therefore, it is also known as environmentally degradable plastics.
Nowadays, there are many kinds of new plastics: photodegradable plastics, biodegradable plastics, light, oxidation-biodegradable plastics, carbon dioxide-based biodegradable plastics, thermoplastic starch resin degradable plastics.
There are two main applications of degradable plastics: one is the original use of ordinary plastics. In these areas, it is difficult to collect plastic products after use or consumption, such as agricultural film and disposable plastic packaging, and in the field of replacing other materials with plastics. The use of degradable plastics in these areas can bring convenience, such as golf course pegs and tropical rainforest seedling fixtures.
Degradable plastics are specifically used in:
1. Agriculture, forestry and fishery, plastic film, water-retaining materials, seedling pots, seedbeds, rope nets, pesticides and slow-release materials of agricultural fertilizer.
2. Packaging industry, shopping bags, garbage bags, compost bags, disposable lunch boxes, instant noodle bowls, cushioning packaging materials.
3. sports goods, golf course nails and tees
4. Hygienic articles, women's hygienic articles, baby diapers, medical mattresses, disposable knives.
5. Medical materials, bandages, clips, cotton swabs, sticks, gloves, drug release materials, surgical sutures and fracture fixation materials.
"Environmental issues are one of the most important issues in the world and the basic problems facing human survival. China has imposed degradable plastic materials on shopping bags to avoid white garbage pollution to a great extent. gmtlight strongly advocates the use of degradable plastic bags. Ms. Li, Technical Officer of gmtlight.